2.15.2010

Caffeine and tea.

VIDEO


POWERPOINT 



COMMENT

Presentation
In my oral presentation I used PowerPoint which contained real images about my work in the laboratory. My focus was caffeine extraction, so my resources were really focused on my topic and they supported my explanation. This time, my timing was better than the first one, because it was 6 minutes. 

Body language and eye contact
I didn't read my notes, because I prepared and practised my speech a lot before making it. I tried to look at the audience the most of the time, and I think I succeeded because I rarely look to the PowerPoint. I haven't improved with my body language, because this time I just also moved my arms. 

Structure
I wasn't as original as I was the first time to introduce my exposition, just because I had no other way to do it. I organised my ideas in orther of importance; actually, it was how I carried out my research project. I used many makers to help the audience and I repeated my key ideas at the end, to remember them and understand the conclusions. 

Content
All the information I introduced to my audience was new, because it was a specialized topic. My information was detailed and extensive, and I think it was very clear, easy to understand. I referenced all my information and I justified them all. 
Language
My grammar was correct and simple, easy to comprehend my speech. My vocabulary was rich and varied, because I introduced new and topic-related words. I also used sentence connectors and fillers. 
Pronunciation and intonation
I think I’ve got a good pronunciation and it was comprehensible. My tone of voice wasn't monotone but I think I could do it better. I spoke in a fluid continuum; however, I think I talked a little bit slowly. 


EVALUATION

Presentation 10%
10
Body language 10%
8
Structure 10%
9
Content 40%
40
Language 20%
16
Pronunciation 10%
8
TOTAL 100%
91%

2 comments:

get rich or die trying said...

Great presentation Claudia! You have worked a lot in this project also many people know that your teacher didn't helped you enough so it's incredible. I liked the issue because for my a cup of coffee is rutine every morning and also for the majority of people. Nice work Claudia now enjoy your worked 10 in the research paper! Frankie :) CU

sguilana said...

Hi, Clàudia!
Frankie is right, wonderful pres! :)
As for your evaluation, it is quite accurate.
In my view, though, the structure deserves a 10 and your language was accurate too.
So I think you deserve a 9,6.
Congrats, Claudia! :)
Tea or coffee? that's the question ;)