1.19.2009

Page for 4 days.

Since 2 years I became a page boy when Christmas is coming.
On the 17th and 18th of December Laura Juncà, Laura Peña, Mercè Bolasell and I, we went to the 2 schools here in Castelló. The first day I wore the green suit and on the 18th I dressed up with a purple one and a curly black wig. We had to paint our faces in black because it’s traditional that Balthazar’s pages go to pick up all the letters.
The next day was on the 3rd of January. Laura Juncà and I, we went to pick up the letters in Castelló. Lots of children came to see us and they were really excited. I wore the green dress that day too. I can remember a little girl in front of me; he was looking so scared and she didn’t want to give me her dummy. Finally she went near me and gave her dummy and her letter to me. It was funny too, because I thought about me, if when I was their age I was like them and looked so fascinated. I supposed I was...
The last day, the 5th of January I always think it’s the best day. At 6 o’clock we went to dress up in the Pavelló. That day I wore a very nice gold suit, with a black and leather belt. We went from the Pavelló to the Cathedral with the 3 Kings. Then, some of us, like every year, went to gave presents at poor families. I can’t say many things of it because it’s like a secret (I don’t know if it’s the exactly word...) but I can assure that it’s fantastic see that children so happy with their new toys. I went to 2 houses here in Castelló and 6 in Empuriabrava.

I arrived at home at midnight. I hadn't eaten yet, so I cleaned my face and dress up with my clothes and I had dinner. As every year, the 3 Kings come to have dinner in Laura's house. They are our parents' friends so, when they have finished with children they come and give us a present.
Every year I wait for those 4 days that I become really important for the children. I really like see them happy and perceive the illusion in their eyes. It’s magical.

0 comments: