4.28.2009

Phone calls on TV.

Many quiz shows consist on phone calls, like these ones on La Sexta or Telecinco every morning at 7 or 8 o’clock. I never watch them because I think they’re just a rip-off. Well, I’ve watched “Telecinco, dígame” once and that day it deals with people’s names; there were names like Norberto or Romina. It was impossible to find out those difficult or, some of them, unknown names!
In comedy programs like APM I’ve seen lots of short parts from those quiz shows. But the last one I’ve seen has been in YouTube, called “Maruja”. Today my mother was watching it and I could hear her laughing. I’ve asked her what was she doing and she has shown me that video.
I think if I were the poor hostess I would become mad! I would leave the set... She’s trying to explain what’s happening to Maruja but as the woman doesn’t hear at her, she’s becoming stressed. She can’t stand that situation but she must stay there, presenting the program because it’s her work.
At the same time, Maruja is getting very confused. She thinks there’s another Maruja on the phone and they both are playing as one. She doesn’t understand anything, but she neither listens to the hostess... She’s such a silly woman, I think! And that’s the reason of that video title: “Maruja (la mujer más tonta del mundo)”.



I’ve became really stressed watching the two parts of Maruja’s video. However I’ve laughed a lot!
What do you think you would have done if you were the hostess? Do you think you would have managed to persuade Marisa that the woman talking on the phone was the same ones he could hear on her TV?

2 comments:

Júlia said...

that's so stressful! I would go really mad if I were the hostess! I suppose you were quite bored to waste you're time watching that video!xddd
loveyouuuuu:)

Gemma said...

Amazing! It's so funny...