4.20.2010

Medicine vs vet.

Before finishing batxillerat, we'll have to take an important decision which will determine the rest of our lives: our degree. As you know I had practically decided it, yet I haven't now. I suppose I've noticed it's about to come and the possibility of taking the wrong decision scares me.

During my life, I've always been between veterinary science and medicine.
First I wanted to become a vet because of my love to animals and I'd like to treat and to care for them. Meanwhile, my grandfather tried to convince me that it's more satisfactory to help people than animals, but I wasn't completely sure about the idea; however, he finally conviced me and I decided to become a doctor. Since then, I've always defended it, insisting on my marks above all. 
Nevertheless, the confusion came back and now I have no idea about what I have to choose! (I think I'm stressing Júlia as well with my degree chaos..!)
Medicine would take me 6 years before the MIR exam, apart from 5 more to study my specialization. It would be lots of hours of study and work. Veterinary science would suppose me 'only' 5 years (full of work too) and when finished, I wouldn't have to do any specialization: I would be already a vet. 
 
On the other hand, I don't know where I want to study. If I finally chose veterinary, I will have to go to Barcelona because Bellaterra is the only university in Catalonia where these studies are given. The problem appears with medicine: should I go to Barcelona or may I stay in Girona? The mark in Barcelona is higher than in Girona, but I have to take a decision because I'll have to fill in my options list soon!

Well... I should make up my mind and chose: vet vs medicine, animals vs people.

6 comments:

Laura Carrera said...

Claudia! I'm sure your marks will not establish your degree! You have really good marks and you have to be proud of it:)
I'm sorry but.. I cannot help you with this decision.. you know... I'm incompatible with science! :(
See you tomorrow honeey! :*

laurapenkert said...

Oh Claudia!
I’m in a similar situation as you… but you luckily just have to decide between 2 options! I’m a big step behind; I still don’t really know what to choose. Besides I’m planning to go to Germany, as you know, and I have to think about lots of things… Even so everybody says me not to worry, I can change the career later if I want to… but this just doesn’t go out of my mind!
Well, we’ll see what comes out!
CU tomorrow

Júlia said...

Now that I have finally decided what I want to study it's you who is not sure although it used to be the way round! After all the discussions we have in class every day about this stuff i'm sure we'll finally chose the best option!lool
take careee:)

RoBiN said...

This is probably the hardest time of our lifes!
How do we exacly know what we want to be and do for the rest of our lifes?
Sincerely I don't know! Don't worry do, I bet you'll make the right decision in the end!

C u!

get rich or die trying said...

My dear Claudiaa!!:) Everybody has teh same problem, however I have no doubt that your mark will be higher than Medicine requiered. Well, of course is a better task to help humans before the animals life. However, I don't recommend you because perhaps I only will produce more doubts on you. Really, I'm quite happy for you. Well, I think last night you didn't understand me. Apologize me and tuesday I will finish the sentence...:D F

Albert Fusté said...

Hi Claudia, good post. I'm sure you will do what you want to do, you know! well, It's a little old post and I hope you have already decided what you want to do next year. Oh..mm... well... I also hope you do something in Girona jeje, it's a joke, I know you will study in BCN but we'll see in KST capitalcity xD bye Clàudia;)