5.11.2010

My English progress from 2008-2010.

If I compare my first written document and my last composition or my first oral presentatiion with my last one, I notice a big difference (mostly in my oral).
First, let's have a look in my compositions. We can analyze the structure: in my first composition, there's no organization at all; I just vomit some words. However, in my last composition about mind-body therapies, I order my ideas in some paragraphs. What's more, in first of batxillerat I use the conjuction 'and' in an exaggerated way, for example when I say: "and we went to his swimming pool in the afternoon and we had dinner there, together". Comparing to my last entry this year, I have used synonims wether for this conjunction or other connectors; last year I didn't use as much linking words as I do. I also repeated the subject in some sentences, for example: "Laura, Nuri and I, we have passed our drive test exam".
If we focus in my oral presentation we can observe many differences too. In my opinion, my first oral presentation wasn't so bad, but we always can improve in everything of course. I remember I was really nervous, my voice was trembling and I rarely looked at my audience; I did a lot of gestures as well. Taking my London report into account, we must consider it's very different; not only because I have improved, but also because the context changes from a class to an open space. My audience was more reduced, so I was more relaxed (even the people on the street looked at us while we were recording). I think I was more confident in London because I was more used to do it than at first of batxillerat.
On the hole, I think I have improved in all aspects, yet I hope to continue developing my English level. My last compositions are more reasonable and well structured, and my orals have more fluence and self-confidence.

1 comments:

Júlia said...

pfff I'm getting very sad reading all these reflections because I realize we'll split up in a few weeks...I'll miss you everyday next to me!
love you darling!:)