11.01.2008

Inanition

Today I'm gonna talk about an illness. I'm not going to explain it (if you want some information look up here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation), I'm just trying to make you know that not all the world can lives happy as we can do. I don't want to include lots of photos neither, because they are too shocking, and I know some people do not like this type of images.

Most of the African people suffers that illness. Starvation, also called inanition, is a severe reduction in vitamin, nutrient, and energy intake, and is the most extreme form of malnutrition. In humans, prolonged starvation (in excess of 1-2 months) causes organ damage and, eventually, death.
I heard of starvation in a song by Ska-p: "0.7". As I didn't know what did it means, I shearched it on the internet. First I looked for an image and when I saw it I felt really bad. Then, I wanted to know more about it and I went to a web and I red some information of it.
Few year ago I decided to become a doctor. I still want to get it, it's my dream. I want to help ill people and try to safe them from death. When I heared about that illness I started thinking about African guys. They really need our help and I'd like to go there and try to make them happy.
I know it's a difficult career, but I'll try it... just to help them. Can you imagine yourself in that bad situation? We had a happy childhood, but if we had born there, without food or water? I think it's irracional some people living in enormous houses, or having all they want while in the Third World, there are dying more than 25,000 people every day. So I'd like to be able to do it and go to Africa.

0 comments: