5.17.2009

Musical meeting.

On Sunday the 19th April I went to the Music Conservatory in Girona. There was a musical meeting there and as I love music and I play the flute very well , my teacher told me if I wanted to go. I went with David, who plays the saxophone and Àngels, who also plays the flute.
When we arrived there were only little children, well, not exactly: we were the 3 older people there. But we started to play a score they gave us and it sounded magically fantastic! It was incredible! There were oboes, clarinets, fagots, trumpets... because it was only a band meeting, only wind instruments. The second day, Sunday the 26th, my partner Àngels didn’t want to go to Girona, so I went with David. That day the four songs we played sounded almost perfect. I played the score of first violin that day.
The third day was Saturday the 9th May and I had to go to La Mirona. There, we rehearse all the show with violin too. It was the first day for Anna, who also plays the flute. We thought that it would sound perfectly the show day.
Yesterday we three went to Girona at four o’clock. We rehearsed the whole show and concert again. It started at 7 o’clock: there was a choir of little children first, then the string instruments group. The band was the third actuation and we played two songs: Medieval Suite and Cruella devil. Finally the whole orchestra played two more songs: El cavaller enamorat and Trepak, from The nutcracker.
It was fantastic. All the public was clapping. We seemed a real orchestra and I loved it, because in my town we’re not a serious musical group. I’d like to be a musician of a famous orchestra some day.

0 comments: