9.16.2009

Changes: new work style.


I’m here again... We’re all here for another year. Summer has passed so quickly that I can’t believe we’re in high school again. However, I think 2nd of batxillerat will be a short year because we’ll have to work a lot with our research projects, study hard as well and I hope we’ll go to London... so it should be a split second.


I don’t know why teachers have changed the project. It was o.k. last year; we learnt to summarize films or news, to use the internet newspapers... and I’ve realized that I have better English vocabulary. I have improved my pronunciation doing my podcasts or my oral presentations too. I needed to say new words that I didn’t know how to pronounce them, so I searched it in the internet.


Nevertheless we had to spend a lot of time on our blogs and portfolios, because there was plenty of work. It was always on the computer, so it was such exasperating because finally I got a little bit stressed and my eyes were tired.


On the whole I was happy with this project and I don’t agree with that decision to reduce our work only because some students complained about it. However, I’ll change my way of work because now it’s not necessary to spend too many hours in front of the computer.



1 comments:

sguilana said...

Hi, Clàudia! :-)
thanks for positive comments about the project!
Yet the idea is to adapt to your needs and demands. It's true that it's only a minority who always complain... ;-) even though they also admit they have improved their level :D
We have reduced the amount of work this year for one reason basically:
your research project!!
I am sure now you are in the middle of the stress you understand...
As for the English project, you can always do more extra podcasts, posts, compositions to improve your level and also your mark ;-)

I must say that on the whole I am impressed with your level, so please keep working if it sues you ... It's great to see the evolution of your learning, from your first writing at 1bat to the last one in 2 bat...
Every year students get really amazed at their improvement. Of course, observant as you are, you already noticed!
Excellent quality in a doc, Clàudia! ;-)
thanks for your eagerness and positive attitude!
cheers,
Sònia