11.29.2009

Paper books .vs. e-books

Nowadays, people prefer living in a digital world, more practical and fast. In my opinion paper books aren’t dead and I think there will always exist people who enjoy reading on paper rather than reading on the screen.

First of all, I would say that it’s grateful to see all your read books saved in the desk! You can always take them and remember a part of the story, even read them again.

Secondly, reading a text on a computer is really uncomfortable because your eyes get tired in a few minutes. Many hours in front of a screen aren’t good for anyone, and consequently e-books give you a headache.

However, using e-books will be more practical. An e-book implies more comfort to bring it everywhere, every time. Probably, with that new technology there won’t be more deforestation, and I think that’s a very good way to save our planet.

To sum up, I think paper books will never die, because there are people who, as me, know the magic that’s hidden between those pages. I hope they never let them last.

0 comments: