11.16.2009

Social networks


VIDEO



POWERPOINT



COMMENT

Presentation
In our oral presentation we used PowerPoint and real images. Although all the audience knew, we used messenger and facebook to show what it is. It was our topic, so our resources were really focused on it, and they supported our oral explanation. Our time wasn’t good, we talked very quickly and our oral was so short, only 5 minutes...

Body language and eye contact
I was looking at the audience most of the time and I didn’t read my notes; only one moment at the beginning because I forgot one thing. I only moved my arms because I was a bit nervous. However, I sometimes showed something on the PowerPoint.

Structure
We started with a dialogue to introduce our topic, and I think it was really original, because it’s a new way to do it. Our ideas were organised in order of importance, because we first explained what the messenger/facebook is, and then we talked about how they work. We tried to use some markers to help the audience and finally we did a very little conclusion.

Content
The content of our oral wasn’t new or unknown to the audience, because we talked about two very popular actual social networks that they are fed up of using it. I think we couldn’t introduce new information, because it was difficult to find what we said, so imagine if we had to find something new...! We showed examples of everything we were talking about and our message was clear.

Language
I think we use correct and complex grammar. Our vocabulary was simple but it was rich and varied, because we introduced synonyms, expressions and topic-related words. We also used connectors and fillers.

Pronunciation and intonation
I think I’ve got a good pronunciation and it was comprehensible. Because my nervousness my voice was a little bit insecure and the beginning but then I got confidence and it was good. I spoke in a fluid continuum and I tried to change my tone of voice. 

EVALUATION


 Presentation 10%
7
Body language and eye contact 10%
8
Structure 10%
9
Content 40%
35
Language 20%
18
Pronunciation and intonation 10%
8
TOTAL 100%
85%





1 comments:

sguilana said...

Brilliant self-evaluation, Clàudia!
Your presentation was outstanding and really enjoyed watching the two of you talking about your favourite communication tools...
thanks and keep up the good work! :-)
Sònia